If you thought special edition 911s were reserved for run-out models, think again. Porsche Cars GB has just unveiled a unique-to-the-UK limited edition of 40 991 Turbo S models, priced from £150,237. Forty for sale marks the 911 Turbo’s 40th anniversary. The ‘from’ in the price sounds a bit ominous.
Based on the 991 Turbo S – we shared this Porsche 997 versus 991 Turbo S for sale choice last week – the Turbo S Exclusive GB has the same four-wheel drive chassis with active rear axle steering, adaptive aerodynamics, full-LED headlights and a 560 hp flat six-cylinder twin-turbocharged engine.
With Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) active anti-roll system, Sport Chrono Package Plus with dynamic engine mounts, and Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB), the 991 Turbo S hits 62 mph in just 3.1 seconds and runs to a top speed of 197 mph.
Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition
The 991 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition adds some unique features, to help the car stand out versis other Turbo S examples.
A black rear upper spoiler is said to hark back to the 1974 3.0 930, along with twenty-inch Sport Classic wheels in black, black finished exterior door handles, and the black ‘Porsche’ script along the sills. Black leather upholstery features Guards Red contrasting stitching, with an embossed Union Jack flag on the centre storage compartment lid.
Special features of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition are:
- Choice of three exterior colours: GT Silver metallic, White, Guards Red
- Contrasting exterior features in high gloss black: 20-inch Sport Classic alloy wheels, upper part of rear spoiler, SportDesign wing mirrors, exterior door handles
- Porsche logo script in black along door sills
- Storage compartment lid with embossed Union flag
- SportDesign steering wheel with centre marking in Guards Red and rim with Guards Red stitching
- Black leather interior with Guards Red stitching
- Privacy glazing
- Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
- Seat belts in Guards Red
- Personalised carbon door sill guards with ‘911 Turbo S – Exclusive GB Edition’ in illuminated lettering
- Carbon interior trim, including PDK gear lever, with chrome logo on dash insert
- Bespoke floor mats with leather edging and decorative stitching in Guards Red
- Complementary accessories including personalised indoor car cover, a unique photo book and key pouch in leather with decorative Guards Red stitching
Porsche 997 Turbo S with Delivery Mileage: Half the price of 991 Turbo S GB
Adding a few more options will take the cost of the 991 Turbo S to over £160,000, which is twice the price of the delivery mileage Porsche 997 Turbo S PDK in Guards Red arriving at JZM Porsche for sale later this week.
A superb looking car in a very rare colour, the specification is massive. I hear the Porsche 997 Turbo S PDK will retail around the £80,000 mark.
Will Porsche Cars GB find 40 people to buy the UK-only 991 Turbo S Exclusive GB? Perhaps that doesn’t matter as long as everyone knows Exclusive is alive and well and living in Stuttgart. I like that dash badge, but the standard Turbo S is more up my street.